Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Beginning

I have been thinking this last week about what Pastor Frank said about you having to cross thresholds to move into a new season What threshold is God asking you to walk over so you can move into the next place God has for you? For me, this new blog is part of the process God is moving me into. You see, I am a worker. I like to get in and get the job done and move on to the next thing as quickly as possible. Even when I read I am always scanning ahead to see what is next and inevitably miss what I am trying to read at the moment. In the mist of that I find that I often miss what God is trying to teach me through the experiences that come my way because I am just trying to get the next thing. I am ready to become a student of the Word and of the Holy Spirit and let what He is teaching me penetrate and become part of who I am not just slid off with no assimilation.

There is so much that God has done and said in the last two years of my life and I always think “tomorrow…I will spend some time to really process what God is saying and doing in my life…” The problem is tomorrow seems to be the elusive phantom that never gets within my reach. Life gets busy and time seems to be gone before I can grab onto it. Just over three years ago I spent 4 months in Alaska and there are things still rattling around in my spirit that need to be processed and pulled out to the surface of who I am.

More then anything in life I want to be a disciple of Jesus Christ – A doer of the Word not just a hearer. So, regardless of who reads this or who does not…this is my processing ground for what God is weaving into who I am…this is the expansion season of my life.

No comments: