Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Courage

Psalms 31:24

“Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD.”

Courage: mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty

I have found in the last few weeks as the church as a whole has been engaged in prayer and fasting that there are things in my life that have taken some courage to face and conquer. God is layer by layer working through some issues in my life that have been tackled before, but like a wave of the sea that comes in and then rushes back to the depths of the ocean, I have faced them with force, but lacked the courage and perseverance to follow them through to the end.

I read the story of David and his defeat of Goliath and the Bible never states that David was less then courageous in the midst of facing the biggest giant to date in his young life. But I have to wonder if there was a moment or two that David despite any fear or intimidation he may have felt had to gather his courage to face Goliath.

1 Corinthians 16:13

“Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.”

Joshua 1:6-7

“Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you: do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.”

I find that there is the strength and grace to fully slay the giants in life when I am willing to gather my courage and face them head on with the intent to destroy and remove them…not just cause them recede for a time.

1 comment:

Randy and Danielle said...

Really convicting and lining up w/ what God is speaking for today... I love the way He works!

Thanks for sharing!

Danielle